Sunday, March 31, 2013


Shalom everybody!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the last week of learning Hebrew for this project. I have come so far from knowing almost nothing to knowing quite a bit. Now, I am nowhere near fluent. My main problem is that I am never confident when learning languages.  In French class, I know how to say many things.  I just do not have the bravery to actually talk to people in French.  This is the same thing with Hebrew.  But I will give it a try.

 

Pictures (Just in case you missed it):
  1. Ball- "Cadoor"
  2. Pen/Pencil- "Et"
  3. Bread- "Lechem"
  4. Matzah- "Matzah"
  5. Milk- "Halav"
P.S.  It is really hard to copy and paste Hebrew letters into a blog, because Hebrew is read from right to left.  These are just the phonetic pronunciations of the Hebrew.

So, I completed lesson two on Rosetta Stone.  I learned some more basic conversational skills.  I learned how to say “hello”, “what are you doing”, and “What is that”.

 

 Here are the greetings:
  1. Hello!- "Shalom"
  2. What are you doing?- "Ma at osah"
  3. What is that?- "Ma zeh"

I am still studying from my book.  I have also created flashcards, which I study with my friend Maxx.  I have had trouble, because I kept mixing up the final nun with the vav. 

 


          Final nun                                                                                                                  Vav

So I am going to say goodbye to all. I wish all of you the best, so I hope that you will return the favor.  I will be doing my TED talk at Thursday at 10:10.  Wish me luck.  SHALOM!

 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, first to comment! Hello, fellow language learner! I can relate- I'm nowhere near fluent in Luxembourgish, but that wasn't my goal anyway. I just wanted to understand an elementary level of it so that maybe I could continue it in the future. And yes, those two letters look almost exactly the same, I see why you have trouble. I'm just wondering how much vocabulary you know versus grammar. Personally I've been exposed to tons of vocab, but I haven't memorized that much of it, while I do knows a few grammar rules. Good job and good luck in your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalom Ian!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m glad to see that you have come so far in becoming proficient in (based on my experience in Sunday School) a very difficult language. I’m sure that your TED talk will be great as most of the language based ones have been so far, but the trouble you might have is being able to make yours stand out against Miss Kennedy’s (still cannot spell her first name, and I don’t want to risk it, it’s like it’s a mental block…) Rebekah’s and anybody else who did a similar project. My suggestion to you is to try to incorporate some more of the contemporary conflicts surrounding Israel into your presentation, as a hook, or as a basis for your TED talk big/prevailing idea.
    Sincerely,
    Noah Gilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hebrew Language courses are available in Delhi for the students. These courses include the basics of the language, reading and writing skills, grammar, sentence structure and conversation skills. Learn Hebrew language in Delhi

    ReplyDelete